Playful Mobile App Design & Development
Monkey See, Monkey Do
Monkey See, Monkey Do
Cooperating with Change
Monkey See, Monkey Do is a playful iOS app to help kids understand their daily routines. By presenting upcoming tasks as interactive pictures, visual schedules help children to better understand what's going to happen, and reduce the likelihood of struggles with caregivers when transitioning from one activity to the next.
First Place, Berlin Geekettes Hackathon, 2013. Coming soon to the app store!
I've been designing and coding iOS apps since 2011. I am especially interested in how mobile apps can help kids and their caregivers to have the most positive interactions.
- MotherCoders · San Francisco, CA, USA
- FEMTech Berkeley · Berkeley, CA, USA
- AltConf · San Francisco, CA, USA
- SoundCloud · Berlin, Germany
- Codemotion · Milan, Italy
- Mobile App Europe · Potsdam, Germany
- Tech Open Air · Berlin, Germany
- UX Scotland · Edinburgh, Scotland
- Devoxx · Paris, France
- Erasmus Hogeschool · Brussels, Belgium
- UXperts · Brussels, Belgium
- O'Reilly Fluent · San Francisco, USA
- ConFoo · Montréal, Canada
- TakeOff · Lille, France
- Mobile Central Europe · Warsaw, Poland
- Codemotion · Madrid, Spain
- PFCongres · Utrecht, Netherlands
- Geek Girl Meetup Tech Day · Berlin, Germany
- Codemotion · Berlin, Germany
- Multi-Mania · Kortrijk, Belgium
- Flash on the Beach · Brighton, England
- FITC Unconference at Adobe MAX · Los Angeles, USA
- Flash and the City · NYC, USA
- Work Pause Thrive
- Udacity: Returning to the Workforce
- Source Code Berlin: Programming and Parenting (podcast)
- O'Reilly Fluent Interview (video)
- Duchess France: Rencontre avec Kathryn Rotondo Developpeuse Mobile
- Modernizing child's play: Advice for building learning apps for kids
- Growing the Software Application Development World from a Woman's View
- BBC World Service: Berlin's Female Hackathon April 2013 (segment begins at 7:15)
- Apple WWDC Scholarship Winner, 2016.
- Systers Pass-It-On Award, Motherboard Podcast, 2015.
- Google EMEA Grace Hopper Travel Grant, 2013.
- First Place, Berlin Geekettes Hackathon, “Monkey SEE, Monkey DO”, 2013.
- Adobe Community Professional, 2011–2014
- Multi-Screen Award, Adobe MAX, “litl Channels”, 2010.
- Best Video Advertising Platform, Magazine Industry Newsletter, “Vogue.tv”, 2008.